Monday, December 31, 2007

A Star is born!


Taare Zameen Par (Stars on earth)! What an absolutely amazing and awesome movie! I was thoroughly moved and touched by it and indulged in every bit of it. The boy (Darsheel) who plays the central character, Ishaan, is undoubtedly a star. I would be utterly surprised if this boy's portrayal of the central character hasn't completely engaged everyone who has seen the movie - children and adults alike. If there's a movie that's made me cry even after stepping out of the theatre, then this is the one. A must-watch. If you don't watch this movie, you've missed something that ought not to be missed. I will not even try explaining my emotional response to the theme and the content of the movie, because a) I think this is a movie that one should experience personally and b) I might not do justice to my feelings!
PS: It will go into my all-time favourites list as one of the favouritest ;)

6 comments:

Hari said...

I watched TZP last night (2 show on Dec 31 - a great way to start the new year.. isn't it?). I second your thoughts. It is an amazing movie, my all time best. Ishaan is simply superb. I must have called some 20 people today to tell them to watch the movie and I am planning to buy 20 tickets and distribute it to my friends/ sisters/ colleagues and make sure they watch this.
One thing is for sure, there is no way you could have cried more than my wife. By the end, I was wondering if I had said something wrong :) or that she may have caught on to conjunctivitis.

Nimmy said...

:) I too have been sending mails to my friends recommending the movie...

Well, I did cry buckets....but don't know how many! ;) hahaaaa

Anonymous said...

Ya thats right nimmy ..........

Vinod said...

Hari/Nimmy - send me the Free tickets, I luv charity :)

Nimmy said...

Tickets to the movie in Singapore???????? haha :)

Deepa said...

finally watched it :-) agree with what you have written Nimmy. Ishaan & Aamir have done a gr8 job. Big brothers job was neat too.