Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Unanswered Questions

Some of you may have realized that something’s different about this blog for the past two odd weeks. My blogging per se and its intensity/frequency has taken a minor hit. It isn’t anything painful or severe. It’s just a natural consequence of sudden environmental changes. Things haven’t really been ‘just the same’. The world around me has been shifting, moving, disappearing, chaotic et al. Even watching the world go about its gymnastics can be dizzying at times. The ground underneath is intact. So is the sky above. But the scenery has been changing. Almost drastically. It almost gives me the shivers and makes me wonder whether I have not been changing with the times though I know it is not really the case. Battles are being waged in my mind. I don’t know between who/what and who/what. I don’t know how many entities there are in the battle. Heck, I am not even sure exactly why the battle is being fought. I don’t know which anonymous entity to support or cheer for. Come to think of it, had I known which one to support, there may have been no need for a battle at all. Either one entity wins hands down and silences all else or everybody perishes and there’s complete silence. One of the two.

Hey, I know I am speaking in riddles. But then, I myself am gaping at riddles rather than a clear picture/solution to the riddles. Am I perhaps staring at what is the start of a radical movement in my own mind? The power equations have changed (No, I am not talking about politics in the country). But the situation has taught me to cut through stress like a knife through vulnerable butter. It is possible to be sane and come out a winner amidst chaos. But there is bound to be an inevitable dent in the routine which is why there haven’t been any blog posts of the regular kind. Some samples of the changing environment - A friend has quit her job to pursue peace and knowledge for a while, another has quit to discover something worthwhile in a preferred field, and a third is moving on to a new domain and so forth. I see people around me taking small/large risks and it certainly makes me think to say the least. The world of risks is a world where inspiration and uncertainty play the role of partners. But the spark of inspiration has a slight edge over the thrill of uncertainty. I am fascinated and intrigued and want to continue to explore the new world that seems to be flashing across my mind’s eye, well-aided by the literal appearance and disappearance of real-life entities……The situation reminds me of a write-up someone sent me a few weeks ago – perhaps an extract from a self-help book?

Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.

No comments: