Friday, February 02, 2007

Change...Influence...

Steeve Goodier talks of a prayer with a twist in one of his recent newsletters.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change; The courage to change the one I can; And the wisdom to know that person is me."

:-) Now, that’s a wise little prayer! Looks like life has some amazing threads that will lead you to exotic ‘places’ of wisdom and knowledge if only we want it badly enough…or maybe even just look for it. Just a while ago, Gautam’s question on how one would have to go about developing one’s influencing skills triggered me off to say thus:

My mantra is Gandhi's famous 'Be the change you wish to see'. Walk the talk; All the time. And voila...people are influenced!
True passion shall influence. Beyond our imagination. Consciously...subconsciously....whatever! :)

Without passion and leading by example....I guess influencing does not happen....or if it happens....it does not last long!

(The link between the quote and influencing skills is obvious…one talks about changing oneself and the other about influencing others to change and I think the two are intricately connected as you may also notice from my response to Gautam’s question).

Where might the thread go from here?

No comments: