Friday, June 30, 2006

KM and Internal Communications

Someone asked me to draw a link between KM and internal communications. My top-of-the-head response was...

1. How about internal communities that are based on the concept of organisational grapevines...?
2. How about the usage of the KM system - intranet - to create, store and manage internal communiques?
3. What say mentoring systems that ensure that organisational knowledge lives on (that is internal communication in its own right...ain't it?)
4. And....storytelling ought to be a means to communicate within the organisation....one of the best ways....

Let me come back and develop my thoughts on this topic sometime down the line....tada for now...

2 comments:

Terrence Seamon said...

great thoughts, nimmy. I have always thought that KM and internal communications should be more closely linked for organizational benefit.

terry

Nimmy said...

thanks, terry! :)
i am sure there's a lot more to this than what my post has to shout about....
would love to know if there's any organisation where the two functions go hand-in-hand -> dove-tail into each other's strategies....