Thursday, October 20, 2005

The UNIfied UNIverse


I was running through a pocket book on Vivekananda’s approach to meditation today on the way to office. The book states that Vivekananda spoke about the fact that the microcosm and the macrocosm are the same, after one of his enlightening experiences. He said; at the atomic level everything in the universe is the same - they work on the same principles. I took my eyes off the book and went back to something else that I had stumbled upon earlier - a TV programme (The elegant universe) that mentioned Einstein’s unsuccessful quest for the unified theory, which – now - according to the string theory is highly unlikely as, for example, gravity doesn’t apparently work at the sub-atomic level. The forces in the micro-microcosm are supposedly different from what we experience at our level. I feel the urge to explore this matter in detail….

1 comment:

Ashwini Bhat said...

surrender to a scientist! :)