Monday, August 22, 2005

Innocence!

‘STOP BEING INNOCENT’ – was a feedback that I got from one of my ex-team members. Though, unfortunately, I don’t really think I am as innocent as I was when I was a kid, ‘you don’t know what you are asking for’, was how I reacted within myself. Ignorance may not really be bliss at all times. But innocence, I think, is. At all times.

Innocence is bliss and more. It is happiness. It is satisfaction. It is learning. It is peace. It is joy. It is intrinsic; the natural state of man. Innocence is GOD. All of us have come away from our natural states…and maybe not for the better. We have lost our innocence and instead substituted it with manipulation, cunningness, Machiavellianism, selfishness, cruelty and what not. One reason why the ‘grown-up’ man talks about learning from children is the fact that they have something that we don’t - innocence. The face of the baby on my blog perhaps says it all.

No comments: