Monday, May 09, 2005

Calvin's a lucky guy



This is a cool picture. It lures me away from this crooked world. Calvin is always wanting to be alone, all by himself, in his own world, doing his own thing. He's happy with his good friend and alter-ego, Hobbes. (No wonder Bill Watterson now lives the life of a near recluse.) I am contemplating going to my village with my alter-ego, books and CDs. I may, of course, get bored and come back after a few months but the trip to my village and a temporary life of quiet and peace is alluring. What's wrong if you lead your own life? As long as you're not harming anyone else. As long as you're not making life difficult for others. As long as you retain your values. I am going off on a tangent, but some one I was talking to recently, was telling me about retaining values come what may. I'd say 'yes' vehemently. Giving in to temporary anger, resentment and hate is human. Let it be. Let there be a vent. And then you bring in fresh air, start afresh. Do not be fooled any longer. Life's exciting only because of there being so many opportunities to start afresh. Actually, you get to decide how many times and how many things you want to change. Temporary breaks will do the job and help usher change.
PS: Calvin, you are lucky to have hobbes...and the cozy tree.

No comments: