Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Blah - Somebody Stop The World!

I need some help. Tips. Ideas. Suggestions. I am flooded with things to do. I have always been an extremely organized person. For the simple reason that I can't really work without organizing myself and planning things out in detail. (So, that's not the problem....or that doesn't at least seem, to me, to be the problem). Of late, I seem to have too many things to do and don't seem to know what to concentrate on. I always seem to be suddenly find new requests pouring in making me visit my priorities list one too many times. I don't have a team with me to whom I can delegate. The situation is like this:

- I have close to 200 mails to be processed (I've mostly had 50 at a given time till about 6-7 months ago)
- I am working on 7 different (coordinated) tasks and need to complete all of them in the next 2 weeks. Coordination means there are other parties involved and I am dependant on them for certain things.
- I have 100s of documents that I want to very badly read
- My bloglines notifier shows a ridiculously large number and I don't want to let it go northwards any longer
- I have 4 posts waiting to be completed and put up on this blog
- I am in the middle of transitioning out of my role and have too many options to think of
- I have the responsibility of discussing my transition with many people due to the role that I play currently and that means ideas will come from too many sources for comfort
- Lastly, I have some hundred odd books beckoning me - all of which I want to read ASAP (2 library books to be returned, 2 half-finished books breathing fire)

Okay. I'll stop here. If I go on, I'll only be reminding myself of the soup that I am in. I feel like throwing everything aside and concentrating on just one thing. For GOD's sake, work pressure is absolutely okay as long as it is to do with one primary goal. What if you have 25 different things to do and all of them are important and urgent? I know I'll be done with all the stuff in 2 weeks, but I can't help thinking about the pile in front of me right now. I wish I had a team with me! I wish I had a faster laptop. But I know I would feel much better and in control if I were to not consider everything as important. I need to be able to postpone some tasks and make them wait. I can't do everything at the same time after all! Okay! I rambled because I knew this by itself would make me feel better! Sorry about making you read this dumb post. But if you've got ideas, do tell me.....

No comments: