Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Training and its opportunities

I was in a training prg. for the last 2 days. I simply love attending training prgs. I feel gloomy if I don't get to attend training prgs. at least once in a while like say once in 2 -3 months or so. And why? It gives me the....

a. opportunity to learn something new
b. opportunity to recall, reiterate and update some 'old learnings' as well
c. stimulation to think per se and think afresh
d. opportunity to meet new people from across departments, organizations, countries (depending on the prg.) (and learn from them)
e. opportunity to question (it is extremely easy to pose questions in a training prg as the very objective there is to learn and people are anyways encouraged and even given a specific time-slot to question)
f. opportunity to stay away from routine work. This means more time to think of things you want to do, think of solutions for some problems, think creatively et al
g. opportunity to answer. Esp. if the trainer asks a lot of questions and makes the session interactive. I love the feeling of getting an answer right in a few seconds. I love being challenged with questions.
h. opportunity to ponder on how to apply what I've just learned...

No comments: