Monday, December 13, 2004

CavinKare-CKR-And My Friend

I came across this quote that reportedly inspires CK Ranganathan (CMD, CavinKare). “Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass” – Paul J. Meyer. No wonder this David of a man took on the Goliath HLL.

Whenever I read anything about CavinKare, I am reminded of one of my best friends (in MBA School) who kept track of a face cream that was a product of CK Ranganathan’s family business before he left to start CavinKare. She was so convinced of its superior qualities as a product that she had this extreme urge to help them market and position the product against popular (well-branded) but not of equal quality (according to her) products from MNCs. She even approached them for a project and was offered a job as well. It’s a pity that she had to refuse it finally due to personal predicaments. What a good marketing/branding manager the company couldn’t make the most of and what an opportunity to pursue her passion my friend lost. L. Some things are not meant to be. Why does it hurt me so to realize that the potential for a good employer-employee relationship has been wasted?

No comments: