Monday, December 13, 2004

Black Beauty

I feel like I’ve just been forgiven a sin. The sin of not doing something that my right brain has been yearning for - for a long time. I finally struck a chord with it. Literally. J. Till a few hours ago, it was quite some time since I’d practiced on my guitar. My black beauty (my guitar) had been lying in the corner of my room for months altogether silently and beseechingly staring at me. Just asking to be played (no strings attached I guess ;)). Making me feel guilty almost every day. But somehow, I’ve been spending most of the weekends reading, watching TV or going out. Today was the day! I finally almost pounced on the guitar, wiped the dust on the cover clean (ouch) in one quick move, and pulled out my song-book and played for an hour. It felt good. J Though, my fingers got slightly blistered at the end of the hour because of the longish gap. Sometimes, things don’t really go your way. My guitar classes which were on Saturdays suddenly got shifted to Wednesdays because my teacher couldn’t make it during weekends and I haven’t been able to practice and learn new stuff ever since! L I’ve decided that I’ll at least spend time with my black beauty once-twice a week even if it’s only practicing the same old songs. Experimenting, of course, is another thing I should be doing. Sorry, black beauty. I ought not to give you another opportunity to make me feel guilty.

No comments: